Pages

Slider

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Black backgrounds






Today I experimented with using a textured somewhat shiny black background for my photos, and I actually quite like how they turned out. I like the charcoal with the light gradient going through it, and think I will stick to this for a while.

It's kind of annoyingly ironic that I like this, after spending so much time and effort trying to get more and more elaborate set ups. I've painted trees, scoured bookstores looking for white books, made a light tent, bought all kinds of different coloured paper and taken hundreds and hundreds of photos, spending hours in Photoshop trying to make them just right. And now I've found a black binder lying around, and took these with natural light. What a slap in the face.

But I still like the black.

0 comments: